Today it gives me great pleasure to host one of my very special friends on Inspire You. Mel and I have been friends for a pretty long time now and she has been wanting to get her book published for ages. After many heart-breaking rejections, I’m so thrilled to announce that finally her dream is materialising. If you missed any of her previous pit stops on her blog tour, your can catch them below.
Just one more sleep before the release people!!!
And without further ado, I hand you over to Melissa Kate. Keep Shining Superstar!
Hello my lovelies and Thank You so much to Inspire You for hosting me on your blog today.
Today is Day 6 of the Waiting for You Book Blog Tour
My name is Melissa and within the next few days I will be releasing my debut novel. Eeeep! So exciting. It’s a dream that I never ever expected to come to fruition and I still pinch myself to bring me back to reality that this is actually happening. To me. A pint sized, small town girl from Durban, sunny South Africa.
Today we get a bit more personal…
10 things you probably didn’t know about me:
- I can move my ears without touching them. Oh yes I can. It freaks my husband out and he tries to compete with me but I am the master ear mover
- The sound of people chewing in a quiet room drives me BANANAS. The moment I can hear saliva mixing with food (sorry about the visual), it just makes me cringe! I bet you’re going to be extra conscious the next time you’re at a dinner party now aren’t you?
- I am painfully socially awkward. Ok let me just say it – I am shy. When you meet me, you will NEVER know this because I fake it well but large social scenes make me uncomfortable. I even suffer from the dreaded word vomit – much to the chagrin of my poor husband.
- I hate the word panty. Cringe! It just sounds stupid! Why would anyone call their underwear a panty? Just sound it out and tell me what you think. Pan-teee.
- I am ready for a zombie apocalypse. Ok so this one sounds weird but I watch a lot of The Walking Dead and embarrassing as it is to say, hubby and I have had lengthy discussions about what we would do in an outbreak. We have our escape routes planned. As long as the zombies are not more inclined to be the World War Z type then I am pretty ready to strap on a rifle and holster a handgun and save the world.
- I was a drama queen in high school. I looked forward to speech day in school because I was a really dramatic story teller (strange to think so since I’m now socially awkward!). I remember the one time my speech was about witches and I dressed the part and walked into class with a broom stick chanting “Double, bubble, toil and trouble! Kiss the boys and make them wobble!”
- I am secretly very competitive. I hate losing – particularly at bowling but in truth, I am terrible at sports so the stress eats at me.
- When I was little, I always wanted to be a lawyer. I would often dress in mum’s heels and work coat and prance around the house like a little advocate. Till the day a primary school teacher told me “Lawyers are Liars.” My poor moral soul was crushed and I gave up the dream.
- I was in love with Shaun Michaels! When I was a child, WWE was the in thing. My cousins would all crowd around at a family home and we would get thrown around by each other. When the opening tune to Shaun Michael’s entrance started, shewee, my poor childlike heart would swoon. “I’m just a sexy boy… uh uh huh. I’m not your boy toy.”
- I have a pretty good Irish accent. I bet that one caught your attention. It’s true, I think it’s pretty decent anyways. But don’t get me started because then I can’t shut up!
That’s all from me! Thank you so much for giving me your time today!
This has been the final stop on the Waiting for You book blog tour.
Remember that the book releases tom 24 May 2016! Need a reminder about the plot? Look no further
Audrey Kelly finds her way back home to Crystal Valley with her bruised pride and a shattered dangerous past mocking her rear view mirror. What she didn’t expect was to be face-to-face with Adam Parker, resident bad boy, sexy Navy SEAL and one of the reasons that Audrey ran all those years ago.
Audrey was the last person Adam had ever expected to see back in Crystal Valley. Over a decade ago, they shared a sizzling night together before he received the worst news of his life and he hasn’t seen her since…until she’d moved back unexpectedly. She was no longer the sweet innocent girl he once remembered, but Adam has his own problems without having to deal with Audrey’s ice princess recital, no matter how tempting the auburn haired seductress may be.
Sparks begin to ignite between them but can they accept Audrey’s past when it threatens to engage them in a dangerous twist? Can they save each other from themselves and stop running once and for all?
You can also catch me at: